Saturday 8 February 2014

Raw Nutty Chocolate Bark






As a general rule, I don't eat chocolate.

Sure if I'm making a chocolate cake for someone I will taste as I go, but the last time I went out and bought a chocolate bar or the like for myself was about 10 years ago!

If I'm going to indulge myself calorie wise I still prefer to do it in a way which won't leave me feeling gross the next day (and after spending years without eating lollies, ice creams, chocolates etc. my stomach has pretty much zero tolerance for anything overly refined! Not pretty folks...).

Does this mean I don't allow myself a rich and decadent treat every now and them? Hells no! Where's the fun in that?!

Instead I give myself treats like this little baby which will hit any cravings on the head minus the bloating, cramps and general regret! Score!

All you health conscious choc-aholics out there rejoice!

Presenting my version of Raw Nutty Chocolate Bark!


* Side note! Use your leftover chocolate sauce from making your Raw Bounty Bites to make this! Two birds - one stone people *






Raw Nutty Chocolate Bark 


1/4 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted 
1 cup mixed raw nuts, roughly chopped


Whisk the maple syrup, cacao and oil in a bowl until smooth and totally combined.

Stir through the chopped nuts and pour the whole thing into a small baking tray lined with non-stick paper, spreading it into a thin layer (or keep it thicker if you prefer!).

Freeze for at least half an hour until well chilled and firm. 

Snap into pieces and enjoy! 

Remember that this chocolate will melt easily due to the low melting point of the coconut oil so keep it in the fridge or freezer whenever you're not eating it!


 





 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment