Monday 29 September 2014













What the?! Two posts in two days! Craaaaazzzyyyy!

Shock and awe aside, today I decided to share with you two recipes for my current favourite breakfast option: Overnight Oats. 

Not only are these oats packed with fibre, protein and just plain delicious, but they are also so easy and convenient! I usually throw them together in a screw top jar before I go to bed and take them to work with me in the morning. No fuss or messing around when your trying to get out the door!

Now because variety is supposedly the spice of life, I have two different variations of these oats and I want you guys to let me know which you prefer!


PB + Heeyyyyy!


The first flavour is a little number I call PB + Heeyyyy! 
This is my usual go to simply because its super quick and easy. As you will see in the recipe below I like to use PB2 rather than normal peanut butter purely for the sake of calorie cutting but you can use the traditional version if you prefer (PB2 is essentially peanuts which have been roasted and had a lot of the oils removed so you have all the flavour but less of the fat ). Also, in the recipe I used almond milk but you could use coconut, soy, dairy, whatever you choose.



Carrot Cake-Walk

The second flavour is a little number I made up yesterday called Carrot Cake-Walk.
Basically I had seen versions of raw carrot cakes around the Internet and thought, why should your oats be missing all that carrot loving? Well no longer! Time for that great carrot cake sweetness to make the move to breakfast. 


Both sound pretty good right? So here is what you'll need:


Ingredients:

 

PB + Heeeyyy

1/3 cup Rolled Oats (or instant)
2 tbsp Chia Seeds
1 tbsp PB2 powder (or normal peanut butter)
2 tsp Sweetener (you can use stevia, natvia or even equal if you choose)
5 or so Pitted Dates, roughly chopped 
1 cup Almond Milk (or coconut, soy, dairy, whatever you like)
 

Carrot Cake-Walk

1/3 cup Rolled Oats (or instant)
2 tbsp Chia Seeds
1 small Carrot (shredded or blended in a food processor)
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Mixed Spice
1 heaped tbsp Shredded Coconut
2 tsp Sweetener (you can use stevia, natvia or even equal if you choose)
5 or so Pitted Dates, roughly chopped 
1 cup Almond Milk (or coconut, soy, dairy, whatever you like)



The process is exactly the same for both, simply stick everything into a jar, stir or shake to make sure it is all well combined and stick in the refrigerator overnight. Voila! 


So now you all know how simple it is go and test out these wonder jars of oaty-goodness and let me know which flavour you think comes out on top. Though lets face it, when your eating these babies, everyones a winner!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment